Friday, July 24, 2015

NFP Awareness week

As NFP Awareness week draws to a close for another year, I sit here and think of where I would be without NFP and Naprotechnology. I for certain would not have the 3, going on 4 blessings that make my life chaotic and so worth living. I could have gone about my married life trying and trying for a child, and we might have only gotten one in our 6 years together. Not bad of course, but with a heart for children, I've always wanted a ton!

Will I get to a ton of children? Hehe, most certainly not, these 4 blessings have been hard fought for, but I am beginning to think Cerebral Palsy and pregnancy just don't mix very well. My muscles have once again failed me and at 20 weeks pregnant, I'm just as sick as I was at 7 weeks along.

But with the privilege of NFP, we can choose to avoid and work with my cycle until my body is ready for another life. Even if this baby is our last, which I hope and pray is not the case, by using NFP and working with my body, we can always leave that door open, that ray of hope that we will welcome a new soul into this world and raise them as a child of God.

NFP also lets you reflex and pray each and every month and decide if you're in a place to accept and receive the responsibility of a new life. Can we afford it? Are we mentally prepared? Did some huge life event just occur? And the great thing is, you have a partner to help you! My heart is always ready for a new life and I jump at the possibility, especially with my infertility. But my partner in crime, my love, is always there to either encourage the notion or to say maybe we should wait another month.

Just last night I was talking about spacing and more kids, even as my loving husband was helping me to bed because I was so sick and sore from my muscle failure, and he stopped and laughed. "Don't you think we have enough going on right now, honey?" I laughed too. "I guess you're right, let's just get through this pregnancy alive and kicking, then we can talk."

I'm never guaranteed my fertility returning, and I have a feeling I will be desiring more babies well into my eighties and nineties!!! That's what grandchildren are for! So with NFP it's one day at a time, one cycle at a time and one baby at a time! Happy NFP Awareness week!!!!

Here are some pictures below: Me at 20 weeks, which is more then half way done for me!!! And a pictures of our crazy, wonderful munchkins and sweet husband!








No comments:

Post a Comment