Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cabin Fever

I love Minnesota. It is affordable, full of wonderful people, and my husband loves his job. The one thing I hate, despise with every fiber of my being is winter. It can go, leave, and never EVER come back.

Here we sit, April 18th and there is a snow storm outside my window! Really? REALLY! Miriam and James have been going nuts inside and I'm reaching for another glass of wine as I write this post. Winter is only good for two things, Christmas and New Years. Therefore, it can snow from December 1st to January 1st and then it should all melt and be in the 80's. That is my kind of weather.

It is no wonder people get more depressed and sad in the winter. Being stuck inside for 7 months out of the year with two kids that are bouncing off the walls, we should get a dang metal. Better yet, keep your metal and give me a solo vacation to Hawaii. I think people in Alaska even have it easier.

Even with the day planned out, if the little ones don't get fresh air and sun, no art project in the world is going to make them happy. Why not just bundle them up and head outside? The downfall of limited mobility and a disability, I can't run after my kids in the snow. I can see the headlines now: "Woman found frozen in the snow after fall, two year old couldn't dig her out." Yeah, kind of want to avoid front page press.

We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight to see a friend that is in town for business, but we had to cancel because of the road conditions. For heaven's sake, it's Tornado Awareness Week, that time of year we should be worrying about spring storms and tornado sightings. Instead we had to cancel the one real adult interaction I was to have this week because of a snow storm. Yep, I am done and going stir crazy.

Days like today make me miss living in the Bay Area. It wasn't perfect, way too expensive, no families for miles, but they also did NOT have a foot of snow in mid April!

So if anyone reading this wants to treat me to a tropical getaway, I'm in. And make it a one way ticket while you are at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment