Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring has arrived!!!

Everyone in the great state of Minnesota is breathing a collective sigh of relief, probably with the windows open and in bare feet. Spring has FINALLY come! It was just snowing four days ago and now it is in the 70's and it is beautiful.

My husband told me today that he never appreciated warm weather. He grew up in California and we lived there for the first 3 years of our marriage. It's a wonderful place where the weather is ALWAYS nice. He never appreciated warm weather until today.

We can thank God for the sun and the warmth and be grateful for beautiful days. I mean we went to the park four times this weekend! Four times and had to use sunscreen. I have never been happier then lathering my children up and sending them down the slides.

Kids love warm weather. They can run and jump and breath fresh air, and then they take three hour naps. I love this weather! Any depression or sadness seems to melt away with the sun. I know there will still be cold days in our future, the weatherman said the forties next week. But this is our glimmer of hope, our rainbow after a storm.

Summer will soon be here in the frozen tundra and I am grinning from ear to ear. Miriam even convinced me to buy her a pool, which she probably can't use for a few more months, but hey, summer is in the air.

Don't take good weather for granted. If you live in a warm place, praise God for that. If you live in the mid west, just thank God that we don't have snow in June. :) But in all seriousness, after a long, long time in the cold, a warm spring day feels like a blessing from God. I will be sure not to waste any time!


No comments:

Post a Comment