Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The tooth fairy better pay up!

I'm drugged, so we shall see how this one goes. Teeth pain is some of the worst pain a person can experience in my humble opinion. I have given birth twice, under some pretty gruesome circumstances, yet teeth pain makes it all pale in comparison.

I got a root canal done when I was 11 years old, and it has been holding firm for a good number of years. Then in January I had to get a root canal done on another tooth, forcing me to chew and use the right side of my jaw (which has never been used much because of my Cerebral Palsy.) Anyway, I think that contributed to my tooth trouble.

Yesterday I woke up in pain from what I thought was clenching my teeth. The Chiropractor adjusted my jaw and I felt better. 4am today rolled around and I was dying. My gums were 3 times the normal size and I was in a lot of pain. I thought it had abscessed, but it was much worse.

The dentist got me in at 8:30am and found that my old root canal was abscessed and that the root was cracked to the jawbone. The tooth had to go. I am glad it is over, but I don't wish that on my worst enemy. It was done at the office with a crazy amount of numbing agent, and after the extraction he found that the infection almost entered the jawbone, yikes. This means the infection had been brewing for a long time and finally drove me over the edge in pain.

I am also not your normal case, so my recovery time will be a lot longer. If you remember, please say a prayer for a speedy healing process. In 6 weeks I go in for an evaluation and discussion between a bridge and a dental implant.  Please feel free to chime in to what you think is best, bridge or dental implant. I will be doing research too, but I would love to hear from anyone with firsthand knowledge. All I can say is the tooth fairy better have a couple thousand underneath my pillow in the morning!

Well, it is WAY past my bedtime when I have drugs and pain taking over my body, so that will do it for tonight. Oh, and my sweet munchkins have cold, poor Miriam lost her voice this morning and James is a snotty mess.

What a life I lead! Hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment